When will be the release of the new version DesktopBSD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bradlo, Mar 15, 2016.

1. bradlo

bradlo New Member

Greetings to the community DesktopBSD!

Cheering up the boys who go forward with the the lifting of this cute light system for the industry and the use of the end user.

Nobody says anything? I have for years waiting for the lifting of the system DesktopBSD and its new version. I hope the new version is of the native version with the graphic desktop KDE and not Gnome 3 that it has systemd. :)

2. Angelescu Ovidiu

Angelescu Ovidiu Team Member

Hello

Bradlo, do you know how to configure KDE ( at low level using configuration files and kde scripts ) ?
    If so talk with me in #desktopbsd channel on freenode irc server. My nick is convbsd.
    Until now a Gnome 3 version is in work and in FreeBSD gnome 3 doesn't uses systemd.
    For a KDE version we need to be able to configure it using packages ( because those settings should be packaged). In irc channel you can help us at least by testing built iso's, graphics, translations ...
    We have more to do for a release.
    About release date I will use linux slogan: "It will be ready, when it will be ready !"

Thank you.

3. stan-sib

stan-sib Well-Known Member

#3 stan-sib, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  4. constantius

constantius New Member

what happens to desktopbsd 2.0? is there a chance to upgrade to version 10.4? Does anyone work on this at all? Version 10.3 ends the support on April 30, 2018